Friday, September 11, 2009

Chorizo Quiche



This dish occurred when Heidi took inventory of the fridge, freezers,and pantry. I wanted to put Venison into the quiche but Heidi said she would rather eat at the greazzy spoon cafe (we really don't have that place, so I gave in. I did want to sleep in my (our) bed that night. It is a good idea to take inventory of your food you would be surprised how much you really have. One of the magazines I was reading is talking about having a two week no shopping challenge. Beside maybe buying fresh vegetables it would be interesting to see what you come up with. If you have anything interesting send it to me and I may just post it.

Ingredients

1 Piecrust
3 links of chorizo
1 zucchini (sliced)
1 yellow squash (sliced)
2 cups of leaf spinach
5 eggs beaten
1-cup goat cheese




Directions
Take a fork and poke the piecrust several times in the bottom
Heat oven to 325 degrees, once heated place piecrust into oven for five minutes and then remove. Take chorizo out of casing and crumble into hot pan should only take a couple of minutes to cook. Once chorizo is cooked place all ingredients into piecrust except cheese. Cook for about 20-25 minutes, pull out and place cheese around the quiche and put back into oven for additional minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment