Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pork Chop with Honey Gremolata

Lately I have been interested in cooking South American food, so when I got a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble I picked up a cook book I found online with a little research. It’s called “Seven Fires” By Francis Mallmann It’s all about grilling over open fire, the book takes place in Argentina and the pictures are breath taking and I highly recommend this book if you enjoy cooking. this by far is my favorite cookbook yet. Now granted, I’m not able to have open fires in my back yard so right now I use a cast iron skillet instead of a “Chapa” which is a flat piece of cast iron stationed a couple of inches over a open fire.



4 Pork Chops
3 cloves of garlic crushed
1 tbsp rosemary
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

Honey Gremolata
1 cup chopped fresh Italian Parsley
1 tsp dry Oregano
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 lemon zested
Juice of one lemon
1 tbsp honey
1-cup olive oil
Salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients and whisk together and store in fridge until ready to use

Take crushed garlic and rosemary and rub into each piece of pork. Sprinkle salt and pepper to your likening. Drizzle olive oil over pork chops.
Heat skillet over med- high heat (you’ll know it ready when a drop of water sizzles in the pan) Place chops seasoned side down for about 5 minutes with out moving, now turn over and cook for about 4 minutes. Put it on a plate and spoon a small to medium portion of Gremolata over top and watch the enjoyment on the faces around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment